Public Private Partnerships for Development
Cross Sector Collaboration
IMA International, a leading provider of participatory and innovative training and consultancy partners with Estelle Levin, a consultancy specialised in responsible sourcing of minerals, to deliver this long established training on Public Private Partnerships (PPP). PPPs are increasingly essential for companies, NGOs, governments as well as development agencies to achieve business and societal goals. This course helps you to overcome the challenges of creating these effective partnerships through addressing the different organisational drivers, values and cultures.
Why choose this course
This course is for those involved with, or planning to develop partnerships or collaboration among governments, INGOs and the private sector. This course will help you understand different forms of partnerships created to promote positive change in education, health and global supply chains.
The course offers the opportunity to work with professionals in the development sector, to share experience and develop your practical skills.
What you will learn
You learn how to scope and build partnerships through to managing and evaluating progress as well as impact. This interactive course provides you with an understanding of the critical issues in the formation and management of partnerships. You apply your learning through case studies, exercises and roleplays which help to build your practical skills.
Daily Course Objectives
Subject to change to reflect participants' needs.
Learning what partnerships are and different forms of partnerships
- drivers, societal roles, mind-set and challenges of the public and private sector
- the current partnering landscape, assumptions and how these affect your organisation and way of working
- core principles of partnering.
Strategic issues for partnerships
- make the case for partnering: what do you want to achieve and why?
- think of practical and resource implications
- understand partner's objectives and facilitate understanding of yours
- define the partnership structure.
Set up and manage the partnership
Role-play to practice the skills of:
- building trust with key stakeholders
- navigating leadership and cultural issues
- negotiation through interest-based negotiation
- understanding different partnership agreements
- managing risks.
Working in a partnership environment
- understand the challenges of implementing partnerships work
- field visit, where practical.
Putting it all together
- measuring the social impact of a partnership
- review of the case study - learning and reflection
- the PPP cycle
- consolidate the learning with techniques and tools
- coaching for success
- action planning.
What our participants say
IMA delivered a very instrumental PPP course. I will revisit our partnership engagement in light of the tools, insights and experiences I got from the trainers.
Assafa Hailu, Care Ethiopia
"The role plays and practical group exercises greatly consolidate lessons learnt during the sessions."
John Elike Tsotorvor, Senior Programmes Officer, Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre, Ghana
It is wonderful to find a course that offers professional trainers with extensive experience in the NGO and not-for-profit fields. IMA understands our unique needs and offers high quality, high impact training that supports our work, and ultimately beneficiaries."
Marrakech Arbuckle, Qatar Foundation, Qatar
This is my first international training I have attended, so it was very interesting in terms of new knowledge, new approaches and materials provided. I wish to attend more IMA trainings and will recommend it within my organisation and to my colleagues as well."
Nazokat Isaeva, Network Project Officer, Oxfam UK, Tajikistan
IMA has an excellent combination of good trainers and staff. A well organised quality training with great content, that combines knowledge with practice and fun. A rich blend of international participation and shared experience. It enhances team work and promotes good partnership. With IMA training, you become an agent for positive change.
Esinu Abbey,Community Water and Sanitation Agency Ghana
- 5 days
- Application Deadline
- 10-14 Jul 17
- 10 Jun 17
- We also run tailored PPP training for organisations. To find out how this tailor-made training could help meets your organisation's learning needs call us on +44(0)1273 833030 or complete the training enquiry form.
- 02 May 2017 - 05 May 2017
Knowledge Management - Brussels, Belgiumconfirmed
- 05 Jun 2017 - 23 Jun 2017
Certificate in Development Management - Brighton, United Kingdomconfirmed
- 05 Jun 2017 - 09 Jun 2017
Leadership and Management in Development - Brighton, United Kingdomconfirmed
- 12 Jun 2017 - 23 Jun 2017
Monitoring and Evaluation for Results 10-days - Brighton, United Kingdomconfirmed
- 12 Jun 2017 - 16 Jun 2017
Monitoring and Evaluation for Results 5-days - Brighton, United Kingdomconfirmed
- 10 Jul 2017 - 14 Jul 2017
Public Private Partnerships for Development - Nairobi, Kenya