Fees and Discounts
Find out what our fees include and the discounts we offer.
For specific course fees see our training course factsheets or contact us to discuss the cost of tailor-made training, which can be a more cost effective to train a large group. If you do not have funding you could approach organisations who may be able to help, see our funding opportunities. Unfortunately we are not able to sponsor participants.
What's included in our training course fees?
Before the course
- support and advice to help you choose and enrol on the training course that matches your needs.
- our welcome pack which gives you information you need to get to your training venue and explore the local area.
During the course
- tuition, including presentations, group activities and one-to-one support throughout
- field visits on longer courses
- a social and cultural programme including a dinner for every course
- training materials including a course folder and memory stick of materials
- light refreshments throughout
- course certificate of attendance and participant group photo
- a 1 to 1 coaching session with a certified coach on our three week courses.
After the course
- free ongoing support and advice from the IMA team
- free membership to our alumni network - a way to stay in touch with course participants.
- accommodation — our courses are non-residential, so you are free to choose accommodation to match your budget and needs. We recommend you stay at the training venue if possible. You will receive our welcome pack four weeks before your course which is full of useful information for your stay.
- transport — please book your flight to arrive the day before the course starts. Information on airport transfers is in your welcome pack.
- visas — please make sure your passport has any visas you need for the country you are training in. If you're coming to the UK, see our UK Visa Guidelines.
- insurance — please make sure you have your own valid travel insurance
- daily expenses — we suggest £20-£40 a day on top of your accommodation costs, for meals, laundry, wifi connection and incidental expenses. Although in some cases we do provide lunch, please assume we do not, and budget accordingly.
Payment must be made at least four weeks before the training course starts.
VAT is applicable for UK based sponsors.
IMA alumni, those who have been on our open training courses before, receive a 15% discount, and a 5% discount is given to those who pay six weeks in advance of the course. If you are booking a group, contact us to discuss our group discounts.
- 02 May 2017 - 05 May 2017
Knowledge Management - Brussels, Belgiumconfirmed
- 05 Jun 2017 - 23 Jun 2017
Certificate in Development Management - Brighton, United Kingdomconfirmed
- 05 Jun 2017 - 09 Jun 2017
Leadership and Management in Development - Brighton, United Kingdomconfirmed
- 12 Jun 2017 - 23 Jun 2017
Monitoring and Evaluation for Results 10-days - Brighton, United Kingdomconfirmed
- 12 Jun 2017 - 16 Jun 2017
Monitoring and Evaluation for Results 5-days - Brighton, United Kingdomconfirmed
- 10 Jul 2017 - 14 Jul 2017
Public Private Partnerships for Development - Nairobi, Kenya